- All new users of the (bio)imaging facility need to complete the “intro to newcomers”, before any facility equipment can be used. We will explain with our usage & booking guidelines, training guidelines and required safety guidelines (biosafety, laser, mercury lamps) → you can only request an “intro to newcomers” via online booking system: here.
- Training: (bio)imaging facility equipment can only used after completion of equipment training → i) please take note of our training guidelines ii) equipment trainings are only provided by facility staff training; iii) all trainings consists of at least two parts → all equipment trainings need to be requested via our online booking system
- Booking & usage -rights: Upon completion of such training, you will be granted booking rights to book the equipment in our online booking system. It is strictly forbidden to use any of the setups without booking or training, or to use any system on the name of another user.
Online Booking system: PPMS
- All Scientific Service Units (SSUs) make use of the same online booking system PPMS.
- Please find some tips and tricks a here: Booking system (PPMS).
- Any issues with the booking system, or requests to change cost accounts need to be done by email to email@example.com.
Getting an PPMS accounts
- Internal users: all IST scientists get and ICP and PPMS account during their on-boarding
- External visitors & Interns: PPMS accounts can be request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org → please have your hosting lab assist you to provide the cost account number, including an approval from PI (and grant office in case you want to speed up matters).
We are communicating updates about events and systems through mailing lists.
- email@example.com is used by the BioImaging Facility staff to send out relevant notification about BIF guidelines, news and events. This list is obligatory to all users of the bio-imaging facility. All users will be added to this list by the Bio Imaging Facility staff.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is to be used to send out emails ‘from users to users’ of the bio-imaging facility. This is an additional non-obligatory mailing list has been, for which you can sign up via ICP self-service
- SIFFY emails need to be sent to email@example.com. this is a ‘from users to users’ mailing list of the bio-imaging facility. please sign up via ICP self-service
- (bio)imaging support: all options to contact us → (bio)imaging facility support
In case of instrument damage:
- Any damage needs to be reported via any of the central bio-Imaging support channels immediately – including liquid spills!