TRAININGS: Before anyone can make use of any system, one needs to complete a training from the Bio-Imaging Facility team. Each training, as a rule, consists of two parts. During these trainings, you will also be instructed with our usage & booking guidelines and the safety guidelines (laser, mercury lamps).
To get a training: you need to submit a training request via our online booking system (PPMS)
To get an PPMS account: Newcomers get and ICP and PPMS account during their onboarding. For external visitors and interns we need to know the following before we can organize a training for you:
- You will need to provide an cost account number, including an approval from PI (and grant office in case you want to speed up matters)
- Please check if you can log in to our booking system. In case you can not yet log in, you can request an account by sending an email to email@example.com and include all info from point 1
- please request a training via the booking system: please book here
- For visiting scientists and interns: please have your visiting lab assist you with the points listed above.
- In case you need a different introduction than listed, please contact us at by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. and include information as listed at point 1 and 2.
COMMUNICATION: We are communicating updates about events and systems through mailing lists.
- email@example.com is used by the BioImaging Facility staff to send out relevant notification about BIF guidelines, news and events. This list is obligatory to all users of the bio-imaging facility. All users will be added to this list by the Bio Imaging Facility staff.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is to be used to send out emails ‘from users to users’ of the bio-imaging facility. This is an additional non-obligatory mailing list has been, for which you can sign up via ICP self-service
BOOKINGS: Upon completion of such training, you will be granted booking rights to book the equipment in our booking system. Each systems need to be booked in the PPMS SSU portal before use: It is strictly forbidden to use any of the setups without booking or training, or to use any system on the name of another user.
- SIFFY emails need to be sent to email@example.com. this is a ‘from users to users’ mailing list of the bio-imaging facility. please sign up via ICP self-service
- Automatically cancellation notifications (per system) can be received via the booking system: You can sign up sign up per system in the SSU portal PPMS: please find ‘Notifications’ at the bottom right of each system page in PPMS/BIF. you will receive an email notification if someone cancels a booking on that system. How to (+more PPMS tips) : https://bif.pages.ist.ac.at/guidelines-safety/booking-system/
DATA: needs to be transferred directly after your experiment. Please make yourself aware of our data storage policy. The BioImaging Facility is not responsible for your data.