2. E-mail ticketing system: emails sent to email@example.com are queued in our central ticketing system → responsible person will reply to your query!
- Report an incident: please report any incident with BIF equipment in the PPMS booking system → how to
- Request a training: all training are to be requested in the PPMS booking system → (how to)
- Request Assistance: fill out a request form to coordinate assistance
3. Chat: IST chat can be reached from our equipment (www.chat.ist.ac.at), or via your mobile phone (browser or app). The following (Bio)imaging Facility channels are available:
- #bioimagingfacility: immediate (remote) issues for microscopy & image analysis
- #bif_cytometry: immediate (remote) issues for cytometry
- Optional:Direct messaging with (Bio-)imaging Facility staff for more detailed remote troubleshooting
! Rocket-chat is provided by IST Austria – with help from its IT department. It is a campus-wide ‘slack-like’ chat option (more info) that can be used via web browser as well as mobiles App (download site).
- The Rocket Chat allows a ‘notification management’ – in order not to be spammed by the shared channel(s)
- Please refrain from using WhatsApp or Signal for direct messaging of BIF staff
4. Telephone: during core facility hours, we can be reached on +43-(0)2243 9000-2151. This is a land-line → your call might not be answered in case no BIF staff members availble in the office!
5. Meet: https://meet.ist.ac.at/ – this channel is only to be used when BIF staff invites you! Jitsi is an open-source video conferencing platform based on Jitsi-Meet, that uses encryption. It is hosted on-premises, so it can also be reached from most of our systems – as well as from your mobile too (for audio). Just connect to https://meet.ist.ac.at from the Chrome browser (only), and enter a name for your meeting → we might invite you to a ‘meet-session’ to provide remote assistance
! Additional Information:
- Information Mailing lists: imaging[at]lists.ist.ac.at is solely by the bio-imaging facility staff to send out relevant notification about BIF guidelines, news and events → mostly summarized in our weekly update. This list is obligatory to all users of the (Bio)imaging Facility: all users will be added to this list by the (Bio)imaging Facility staff
- BIF COVID-19 guidelines: information about the current (bio-)imaging facility COVID-19 guidelines are continuously updated, and can be found on our a separate website → more info
- IST COVID-19 guidelines: the IST COVID-19 guidelines are centrally distributed by the EHS department and can be found → here