The Bioimaging Facility at IST Austria is hosting a demonstration of Alvéole’s PRIMO system: a UV-light based micropatterning system.
This micropatterning system works as a UV-projector that is coupled to a microscope. In this way you are able to project any microscopic image onto your sample with UV light which opens up a long list of possible applications:
- Create controlled and reproducible microenvironments for cells, tissue engineering, spheroids, etc.
- Control adhesion forces, cell confinement, cell migration, tissue engineering
- Contactless and maskless photopatterning
Tuesday 22.06. :
Wednesday 23.06. :
- Morning: General presentation of the setup and the software
- Afternoon: Micropatterning
- Morning: Hydrogel structuration
- Afternoon: microfabrication (photolithography)
Here is an overview of the many, possible applications: